Customers may request two free curbside leaf collections per fiscal year (Oct 1 – Sep 30). Call 3-1-1 or complete the online form to schedule. These guidelines apply:
- Additional collections during the same fiscal year can be requested for an additional $20.00.
- Leaves must be placed in paper bags or cardboard boxes. Never plastic.
- Total volume cannot exceed eight cubic yards or 50 bags or boxes per collection.
- Bags must be made of two ply kraft paper, have a wet strength of 40 pounds and be securely closed.
- Individual bags cannot weigh more than 40 pounds.
- Boxes must be made of plain brown cardboard, securely closed and not to exceed four feet in height and width.
- San Antonio’s organics program does not accept material placed in bags marketed as ‘compostable’ or ‘biodegradable’. There are different brands of different quality. Some actually do not break down. The City cannot tell consumers which brand to buy and so to avoid contamination, no bags of this type are accepted.