For trash, recycling and organics carts, these simple things can help your driver. For households in a cul-de-sac, these guidelines are even more important.
- On your collection days, set the correct cart(s) at the curb by 7:00 am.
- They cannot be in the lawn, on the sidewalk or in the driveway. (Alley collections are the only exception.)
- The wheels should be touching the curb.
- Carts should be at least three feet apart so the automated arm can grab them easily.
- They should be unobstructed - not behind parked cars, or blocked by other things. Also, they should not be under low hanging tree limbs.
- Do not overfill or overstuff the carts. (The lid must close completely.) The material could get lodged in the cart and not empty. If it is too heavy, the cart could fall into the truck.
- Do not put extra material on top or to the side of the carts. The arm cannot grab it.
- NEVER put ashes, coals or embers in the carts. Material in trucks can catch fire.
- If you feel your cart has been missed, wait until 5:00 pm to report it to 3-1-1.